In these tough times, we’re all looking to save money wherever possible, that’s why we’ve put together some tips for making your pork recipes go that bit further, saving money, time, and waste.
Keep scrolling to see our tips for batch cooking, as well as how to freeze, store and defrost your leftovers safely. We’ve even shared our favourite batch cooking (meal prep) recipes too!
Cook once, eat two, three, or even four times! Whether you’re cooking for a family or just yourself, batch cooking is a fantastic way to spread your costs whilst still eating well during your busy week.
Enjoy your favourite recipes without the hassle of cooking them every time!
Why batch cook?
- Reduce meal costs (and energy costs) – batch cooking means you can benefit from buying ingredients in bulk as well as planning your total grocery costs in advance. You’ll also save energy costs as you’re cooking in one sitting rather than across multiple days
- Spend less time on daily cooking – most people are time poor these days, so saving time on cooking gives you the chance to spend more time with your family or doing the things you enjoy
- Reduce your food waste – planning your meals to batch cook means you’re less likely to stray from your shopping lists and will ensure you use up all your ingredients as planned
- Enjoy wholesome healthy meals – having pre-prepared healthy meals in the freezer means you’ll be less tempted to order takeaway meals every night of the week
Our favourite batch cooking recipes can be seen below
Freezing & Defrosting Leftovers
Freezing your leftovers is a great way to preserve that goodness and ensure you can enjoy it at a later date.
Always remember to:
- Cool food quickly and transfer into a freeze proof container with a lid, or into a plastic freezer bag, then date and label. Once cooled, transfer to the freezer
- To defrost, transfer to the bottom of the fridge and defrost overnight
- To serve, reheat thoroughly under a low heat or microwave (in a covered microwavable dish) until piping hot throughout
- Remember, do not reheat previously reheated defrosted dishes