Chilli Sausage Casserole With Beans
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 400g pork and chilli sausages
- 200g baby shallots, peeled and left whole
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon tomato purée
- ½ x 400g can of Cannellini beans
- 200g cook puy lentils
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, to garnish
Preheat the oven 180˚C, 160˚C Fan, Gas mark 4.
Heat the oil in an ovenproof pan until hot. Add the sausages and whole shallots and cook until golden brown.
Remove the sausages and shallots from the pan and add the carrot. Cook for a few minutes then add the garlic and tomato purée.
Add the beans, lentils, stock and thyme.
Return the sausages and shallots to the pan bring back to the boil and transfer to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. Some of the stock will be absorbed by the beans and lentils to give a thick consistency.
Remove from the oven, garnish with the chilli and serve with crusty bread or mash.