Creamy Lemon Pork Medallions with Pasta and Peas
- 4 pork loin medallions or 6 pork fillet medallions, sliced into thin strips
- 350g dried pasta, such as tagliatelle or fettucine
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 200ml low fat crème fraîche
Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for about 10 minutes, or according to packet instructions until just tender (al dente). During the last 3–4 minutes, add the peas. Drain, keeping a little of the cooking water aside. Put a lid on the pan to keep the pasta and peas warm.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the pork for 5–6 minutes until lightly browned.
Add the lemon zest, juice and crème fraîche. Simmer gently over a low heat for 1 minute.
Add the pasta and peas to the sauce and toss, thinning down with the reserved cooking water if necessary. Season. Divide between four bowls and garnish with a little parmesan, fresh basil and black pepper.