Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chilli Con Carne
- 1.6kg (3lb 8oz) pork shoulder, remove the rind
- 11/2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground corriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400g can kidney beans
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200ml (7fl oz) hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 small soft tortillas
- Handful of corriander leaves
- 12 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 50g full fat hard cheese, e.g. Cheddar or Cheshire cheese, grated
- 1 lime, cut into six wedges
Put the pork on a board and open it out. Mix together the spices, oregano and salt and pepper and rub all over the pork, massaging it in well. Roll the pork back up again (there is no need to retie the string).
Put the joint into the slow cooker and add the onion, pepper, kidney beans, chopped tomatoes and stock and cook for 8-10 hours on low. Turn the joint over halfway through the cooking time.
Take two forks and gently pull the pork apart and shred the pieces. Lightly warm the tortillas. Mix the lettuce and cherry tomatoes together.
Divide the tortillas among six plates and top each with some of the salad, the pulled pork chilli, then the cheese and coriander leaves. Serve with a lime wedge to squeeze over.