Healthy Sweet and Sour Pork Stir-fry
Try our mouth-watering Healthy Sweet and Sour Pork Stir-fry recipe for a quick and easy way to enjoy pork that tastes delicious. High in protein, low in fat.
- 4 pork loin medallions or steaks, fat removed and cut into cubes or 400g lean pork fillet, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 x 300g pack prepared stir-fry vegetables
For the sauce:
- 1 x 227g can pineapple slices in natural juice, drained, cut into chunks and juice reserved
- 75ml water
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 x 250g pouches wholegrain or brown basmati rice
To make the sauce, in a measuring jug mix together the pineapple juice, 75ml water, tomato purée, vinegar and sweet chilli sauce.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the pork, onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the prepared stir-fry vegetables, the sauce and pineapple chunks. Cook for 7 minutes or until juices run clear.
Heat the rice according to pack instructions and serve with the stir-fry.