Pork Ragu with Spaghetti
Try our mouth-watering pork ragu with spaghetti recipe for a quick and easy way to enjoy pork that tastes delicious.
- 1 x 500g pack 5% fat pork mince
- 3 lean rashers dry cured bacon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium courgette, sliced
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons prepared sun-dried tomato purée or paste
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 300g fresh spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
Place the pork mince, bacon, garlic and onion in a large non-stick saucepan over a low heat and cook for 2 minutes.
Increase the heat and cook for 6 minutes or until browned. Add the carrot and courgette and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add the chopped tomatoes, sun-dried tomato purée or paste and sun-dried tomatoes. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions, drain and divide between 4 plates; top with the ragu. Sprinkle with cheese and basil to garnish and serve.
If preferred, use an alternative pasta shape to spaghetti.