Sausage Bolognese With Courgettes
- 454g Lincolnshire herb pork sausages, sausage meat removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 courgette, diced
- 50g button mushrooms, quartered
- 1x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- Cooked spaghetti, to serve
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan, add onion and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes until soft, but not coloured.
Lightly break the sausage into small pieces, add to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until coloured. Add the vegetables and stir well.
Add the tomatoes and purée. Stir well, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
Pile the spaghetti equally into four pasta dishes, top with sausage bolognese and serve with Parmesan shavings.