Cinnamon and Orange Pork with Wholegrain Couscous
- 4 pork loin medallions or steaks, fat removed
For the marinade
- Zest and juice or 1 small orange
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons garlic flavoured olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
For the Wholegrain Couscous Salad
- 300g whole wheat or plain couscous
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 35g raisins
- 50g watercress or baby spinach leaves
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped mixed herbs (mint and parsley)
Place the medallions on a board between 2 sheets of cling film. Using the base of a saucepan or rolling pin, bash them all over until they are 1cm thin. In a shallow bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add the pork and coat on both sides. Cover and marinate for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the packet instructions. Fluff up with a fork and cool slightly. Add the couscous salad ingredients and season to taste. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180°C, 160°C fan.
Heat a non-stick ovenproof or griddle pan for a few minutes until hot. Add the pork (discard the marinade) and cook for 3 minutes on one side. Turn the pork over, place the pan on the middle shelf in the oven and cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until the juices run clear. Divide the salad between 4 plates, slice the pork, position on top of the salad and serve immediately.