Cinnamon and Orange Pork with Wholegrain Couscous
Orange and spices are a great combo that go wonderfully with pork. Try this easy to make meal that will surely stimulate the taste-buds.
- 4 pork loin medallions or steaks, fat removed
For the marinade
- Zest and juice or 1 small orange
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons garlic flavoured olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
For the Wholegrain Couscous Salad
- 300g wholewheat or plain couscous
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 35g raisins
- 50g watercress or baby spinach leaves
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped mixed herbs (mint and parsley)
In a shallow bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add the pork and coat on both sides. Cover and marinate for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the packet instructions. Fluff up with a fork and cool slightly. Add the couscous salad ingredients and season to taste. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4.
Heat a non-stick ovenproof or griddle pan for a few minutes until hot. Add the pork (discard the marinade) and cook for 10 minutes, turning once. Turn the pork over, place the pan on the middle shelf in the oven and cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until the juices run clear. Divide the salad between 4 plates, slice the pork, position on top of the salad and serve immediately.