Pulled Pork Rainbow Bowl
If you haven’t heard of rainbow bowls let us introduce you – they’re a healthy and colourful complete meal in a bowl loaded with fresh vegetables, proteins and grains. We added leftover pulled pork to ours.
- 400g prepared pulled pork (we used our slow cooker pulled pork chilli con carne recipe)
- 75g baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 1 whole avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 2 x 250g wholegrain microwave rice pouches
- 75g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 x 170g can sweetcorn, in water, drained
- ½ small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 x 250g pack cooked beetroot in natural juices, roughly chopped (optional)
- ½ lemon, juiced
Reheat the pulled pork until piping hot throughout.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
Divide the pork between 4 serving bowls, then add the rice and the remaining ingredients except the lemon juice, to fill the bowl.
Season if required, squeeze over the lemon juice and serve immediately.
This recipe works well with any leftover pulled pork, however we've used our Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chilli Con Carne recipe.
You can replace the salad ingredients with other options your household enjoys.