Turmeric Pork Skewers with Supergrain Salad
- 4 pork loin medallions or 6 pork fillet medallions, cut into 1.5cm cubes
For the marinade
- 1-2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or 2-3 teaspoons garlic purée
- 1 tablespoon low fat Greek yogurt
For the supergrain salad
- 200g bulgur wheat
- 100g baby spinach or rocket leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 100g fresh pomegranate seeds
- 50g dried apricots, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
In a shallow bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients and season. Add the pork, stir to coat, cover and set aside for 10 minutes. If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for at least 15 minutes before use.
Cook the bulgur wheat according to the packet instructions, drain, cool slightly then add the remaining salad ingredients. Season. Cover and set aside.
Preheat the grill. Thread the pork equally onto four medium skewers and cook under a moderate grill for 12 minutes, turning once, or until cooked and any juices run clear. Serve with the supergrain salad.
If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for at least 15 minutes before use.