Tangy pork and noodle salad
- 450g pork fillet, pork loin medallions or pork escallops
For the Tangy Marinade:
- 30ml rapeseed oil
- 60ml reduced salt soy sauce
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- ½tsp ground black pepper
- 1tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1-2tbsp freshly chopped tarragon
For the Noodle Salad:
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 75g bean shoots, rinsed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 small pak choi, finely chopped
- 100g cooked and cooled egg or rice noodles
- Juice of ½ lemon or lime
- Freshly chopped coriander
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
For the Pork:
Mix together the marinade ingredients. Add the pork, coat on both sides, cover and marinate for 2 hours.
Cook the pork on a griddle or grill, according to your preference or until any meat juices run clear. Rest.
For the Noodle Salad
Toss the noodle ingredients together. Season.
Slice the pork and toss in the salad with any meat juices and serve.
Pork Fillet: 10-12mins turning occasionally, 3mins in oven at 170°C, 3mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Loin Medallions: 5-6mins on each side, 3mins in oven at 170°C, 3mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Escallops: 1-2mins on each side, 1-2mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.