Tangy pork and noodle salad
- 450g pork fillet, pork loin medallions or pork escallops
For the Tangy Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 4 tablespoons reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1x 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped tarragon
For the Noodle Salad:
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 75g bean shoots, rinsed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 small pak choi, finely chopped
- 100g cooked and cooled egg or rice noodles
- Juice of ½ lemon or lime
- Freshly chopped coriander
For the Pork:
Mix together the marinade ingredients. Add the pork, and coat on both sides, cover and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
Cook the pork on a griddle or grill, according to your preference or until any meat juices run clear. Rest.
For the Noodle Salad
Toss the noodle ingredients together and season.
Slice the pork and toss in the salad with any meat juices and serve.
Pork Fillet: 10-12 minutes turning occasionally, 3 minutes in oven at 170°C, 3 minutes resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Loin Medallions: 5-6 minutes on each side, 3 minutes in oven at 170°C, 3 minutes resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Escallops: 1-2 minutes on each side, 1-2 minutes resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.