Stuffed Mushrooms With Smoked Bacon
- 1x 250g pack smoked Wiltshire cured, back bacon rashers cut into three
- 100g (4oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomato paste
- 8 large, flat mushrooms, stalks removed
- 75g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Black pepper
- Olive oil, for drizzling
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180ºC, 160º Fan, Gas Mark 4.
Mix together the bacon, breadcrumbs, chilli and tomato paste
Place the mushrooms in a large roasting pan. Fill each mushroom with the stuffing mix, sprinkle with the cheese, season, and drizzle with a little oil.
Loosely cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. remove the foil and brown for a further 10 minutes.
Serve for breakfast, lunch, brunch or supper, with crusty bread or crunchy seasonal salad.