Stir-Fry Pork Noodles
Created by talented food bloggers, the Dumpling Sisters.
- 4 pork loin medallions, fat removed and cut into strips
- 250g medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoon diced ginger
- 150g mangetout
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 40g crushed peanuts
For the marinade
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 tablespoons water
For the sauce mix
- 2½ tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 180ml water
In a large bowl combine the pork with the marinade ingredients, and set aside.
Combine the ingredients for the sauce mix, and set aside. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, and quickly fry the garlic and ginger. Add the pork and cook for 2-3 minutes, until golden all over.
Add the mangetout and red pepper and stir to mix; they don’t need to cook through at this stage. Add the sauce mix and stir until the sauce thickens into a light sauce.
Add the noodles and toss until they are evenly coated with the sauce and warmed through. Garnish with the peanuts and serve immediately.
Alternatively, you can use stir fry vegetables of your choice or a pre-pack vegetable stir fry mix