Sausage Biryani with Coriander and Rice
- 225g chipolata sausages
- 2 tablespoons medium curry paste
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100g mushrooms, wiped and chopped
- 450g pre-cooked rice
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1x5cm piece cucumber, finely chopped, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped, coriander
In a large non-stick wok or saucepan, fry the chipolata sausages with the curry paste for 3-4 minutes.
Add the onion and mushrooms. Cook gently for a further 4-6 minutes.
Add the pre-cooked rice or 150g dry rice, cooked and 4 tablespoons water. Cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in the cucumber, tomato and coriander.
Serve immediately with poppadoms or toasted naan breads and relish of your choice.