Sausage Bake With Green And Red Peppers
- 450g spicy sausages, eg. pork and chilli sausages
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 4 thick slices
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cut in half
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 1-2 red chillies, halved, deseeded and cut into quarters
- Freshly chopped coriander, to garnish
Preheat the oven to, 180ºC, 160ºC Fan, Gas Mark 4.
Place the sausages and vegetables into a large roasting tin. Sprinkle over the cumin and chillies, season and drizzle over the olive oil.
Toss around to coat in spice and oil and then arrange in a single layer.
Place in a preheated moderate oven for about 40 minutes until the sausages are golden brown and cooked through, and the vegetables tender and starting to brown.
Spoon the sausages and vegetables onto a large dish. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander extra ground cumin.