Sausage And Bean Casserole
- 300g (10½oz) Chorizo style Pork chipolata sausages (pinch, twist and cut into two small sausages)
- 15ml (1tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 500ml passatta
- 15ml (1tbsp) black treacle
- 30ml (2tbsp) soft dark brown sugar
- 15ml (1tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 1 (approx 400g) can flageolet beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (approx 400g) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (approx 400g) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
In a large saucepan heat oil and add sausages, onion and garlic. Heat gently until sausages begin to brown and onions soften slightly.
Add all remaining ingredients and simmer gently with lid on for about 30 minutes, alternatively transfer to the oven for a slightly longer cooking time
Serve with hunks of crusty bread.