Roast Pork Loin With Black Pudding, Mango And Rosemary Stuffing
Not too tricky
- 1x 2kg lean pork loin bone-in or leg joint
For the Stuffing
- 450g sausage meat or sausages, skinned and chopped
- 50g black pudding, chopped
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
Preheat the oven to, 180°C, 160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4-5.
Cooking times: Medium; 30 minutes per 450g plus 30 minutes. Well done; 35 minutes per 450g plus 35 minutes.
To prepare the stuffing mix together sausage meat or skinned sausages, black pudding, chopped, breadcrumbs, onion, mango, mango chutney. Season and add fresh rosemary.
Transfer the pork joint onto a chopping board and make a deep insert into the fattiest part of the joint (this should be just above the lean round muscle), and stuff with the stuffing.
For crackling dry the rind, deeply score the rind and rub with 15ml (1tbsp) oil and 5ml (1tsp) salt.
Make the remaining mixture into large stuffing balls and bake around the joint. Weigh the stuffed joint and cook according to your preference.
Serve the joint with seasonal vegetables.
Allow 100-175g raw meat per person for boneless joints and 225-350g for bone-in joints.