Quick Pork Curry with Turmeric
A curry doesn’t just have to be a weekend treat, especially when it’s this easy!
- 4 pork loin medallions, cut into 1cm thick strips (or 12 pork fillet medallions or 4 loin steaks with fat removed)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic and ginger paste or 1 garlic clove, peeled, chopped and mixed with 1 teaspoon ginger purée
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 8 curry leaves (optional)
- 1 x 400ml can reduced fat coconut milk
- 200g green beans, trimmed and halved
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Handful toasted raw cashew nuts
- Handful freshly chopped coriander
- 2 x 200g pouches microwave basmati rice
Heat the oil in a medium non-stick pan, add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry gently for 4–5 minutes until softened.
Add the spices and curry leaves (if using) and cook for a further minute. Add the coconut milk and season. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the pork, green beans, lime zest and juice. Stir gently. Simmer for a further 5–6 minutes or until the pork is cooked through and the beans are tender.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions. Divide evenly between four plates. Spoon over the curry and garnish with the toasted cashews and fresh coriander. Serve immediately.