Quick pork curry with turmeric
A curry doesn’t just have to be a weekend treat, especially when it’s this easy!
- 4 pork loin medallions, cut into 1cm thick strips (or 12 pork fillet medallions or 4 loin steaks with fat removed)
- 2tsp Oil
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1tsp each garlic and ginger paste or 1 clove garlic, chopped and 1tsp grated ginger
- 1tsp Ground Turmeric
- 2tsp Madras curry powder
- 8 Curry leaves (optional)
- 400ml can reduced fat coconut milk
- 200g Green beans, trimmed and halved
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and Pepper
Heat the oil in a medium non-stick pan, add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry gently for 4–5 minutes until softened.
Add the spices and curry leaves (if using) and cook for a further minute. Add the coconut milk and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the pork and green beans and stir. Add the lime zest and juice and stir again. Simmer for a further 5–6 minutes or until the pork is cooked through and the beans are tender.
Cook the rice according to packet instructions. Divide between four plates. Top the curry with a few toasted cashews and fresh coriander.
2 x 200g pouches microwave basmati rice
A few toasted cashew nuts
Freshly chopped coriander