Quick, simple and delicious. These pork tacos made with medallions are healthy, tasty and flavoursome.
For the marinated pork
- 4 pork loin medallions, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the rest
- 1 small iceberg lettuce roughly chopped
- 1 x 200g pot of fresh tomato salsa
- 1 x 150ml pot of low fat yogurt
- 1 x large handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 8 x Taco shells – soft or crunchy, you choose!
In a bowl, mix the ground spices with the oil. Add the pork slices, coat well and set aside for 10 minutes
Meanwhile put the salsa, low fat yogurt, lettuce and coriander into separate bowls
Heat a frying pan to medium hot, add the pork and fry until golden brown for a few minutes until cooked through
Warm the tacos according to packet instructions
Arrange the tacos on a plate and spoon the pork into a serving bowl and construct according to your liking and serve immediately
Lay the table and let the sharing begin…
Pork loin steaks could also be used, just remember to trim the fat off beforehand.