Pork skewers with orange and fennel
For the Pork:
- 2 pork loin medallions or pork loin steaks, fat removed and cut into cubes
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
For the Bulghur Wheat or Freekeh Salad:
- 150g cooked and cooled bulghur wheat or freekeh
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and diced
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded and diced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
In a medium shallow bowl, mix the pork with the orange zest and juice, fennel and seasoning. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
For the salad; transfer the bulghur wheat or freekeh to a large bowl. Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss gently.
Heat a large ovenproof frying or griddle pan for a few minutes until hot. Thread the pork onto previously soaked wooden skewers and cook for 10 minutes, turning once, or until the juices run clear. Alternatively, cook under a preheated grill or prepared barbecue for the same cooking time.
Serve the kebabs with the salad or remove the skewers and toss the pork cubes in the salad.