Pork skewers with orange and fennel
For the pork:
- 225g pork loin medallions or pork fillet, cut into cubes
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
For the Bulghur Wheat or Freekeh Salad:
- 150g cooked and cooled bulghur wheat or freekeh
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, cored, deseeded and diced
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded and diced
- Dash of yuzu dressing
- 1tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
For the Pork:
Marinate the pork with the orange zest and juice, fennel and seasoning for 1-2 hours. Thread onto soaked wooden skewers and cook on a preheated griddle or salamander grill for the preferred cooking time. Rest.
For the Salad:
Transfer the bulghur wheat or freekeh to a large bowl. Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss gently.
Serve the kebabs with the salad or remove the skewers and toss the cubes in the salad.
Pork Fillet: 10-12mins turning occasionally, 3mins in oven at 170°C, 3mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Loin Medallions: 5-6mins on each side, 3mins in oven at 170°C, 3mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Escallops: 1-2mins on each side, 1-2mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.