Pork Sausages With Quinoa Salad
- ½ butternut squash, deseeded and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 small aubergine, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 courgettes, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 8 fresh herb and pork sausages
- 2 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 200g quinoa
- 400ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 small pomegranate, seeds removed
For the Dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Preheat the oven to 200°C,180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6. Line two large baking trays with baking parchment.
Put all the vegetables on one of the baking trays and toss in the oil and chilli flakes. Season well.
Put the sausages in the other baking tray, drizzle with a little oil and put both trays in the oven to roast for 30 minutes. After 10 minutes, stir the garlic cloves into the roasted vegetables.
Put the quinoa into a pan and place over a gentle heat. Stir every now and then for about 2 minutes to toast it. Pour in the stock, and cover the pan with a lid and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until all the stock has been absorbed.
To prepare the dressing, put all the ingredients into a large bowl. Season well and whisk. When the vegetables have finished roasting, squeeze the soft garlic out of the skin and into the bowl of dressing and mash together.
Stir in the quinoa, followed by the roasted vegetables and most of the pomegranate seeds. Divide among four plates and top each with two sausages, then garnish with the remaining pomegranate seeds.