Pork Sausage Pasties With Apple And Cider
Not too tricky
- 4 Pork and apple sausages
- 45ml (3tbsp) Cider or apple juice
- 1 Eating apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Black pepper
- 1 Fresh sage sprig, roughly chopped
- 500g (1lb) Packet puff pastry
- 1 Egg mixed with milk to glaze
Preheat oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4-5.
Slit the sausage skins, remove the sausage meat and place in a large bowl. Add to this the cider, apple, pepper and sage. Mix together.
Roll pastry out thinly and cut into 6-8 circles (about 12½cm (5”) re-roll pastry to make more if possible. Place a spoonful of the mixture in the centre.
Wet edges with water and fold circle in half, crimp edge to seal.
Place on greased trays, brush with egg and milk and cook for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
Serve hot or cold, picnic or lunch, with a large seasonal salad or slaw and a chunky fruit chutney.
Makes 6 – 8 pasties