Pork Sausage Pasties With Apple And Cider
Not too tricky
- 4 pork and apple sausages
- 3 tablespoons cider or apple juice
- 1 eating apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Black pepper
- 1 fresh sage leaf, roughly chopped
- 1x 500g pack puff pastry
- 1 whole egg mixed with 2 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4
Split the sausage skins, remove the sausage meat and place in a large bowl. Add the cider, apple, pepper and sage. Mix gently.
Thinly roll out the pastry and cut into 6-8 circles (about 12½cm). Re-roll pastry to make more if possible. Place a spoonful of the mixture in the centre.
Wet edges with water, fold circle in half and crimp edges to the seal.
Transfer to greased baking trays, brush with egg and milk and cook for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
Serve hot or cold, picnic or lunch, with a large seasonal salad or slaw and a chunky fruit chutney.