Pork Sausage Bakewells With Apple And Cheese
- 225g Lincolnshire pork chipolata sausages, squeezed in half, twisted and cut to make each sausage into two
- 500g prepared puff pastry
For the chunky apple sauce
- 1 eating apple, cored and sliced
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 30g hard cheese, flavoured with sage e.g Sage Derby or Cheddar, grated
- 30g breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 200°C, 180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6.
Roll out pastry and cut into circles to fit a 6-hole muffin tin.
Arrange pastry into greased tin. Add ½ teaspoon of apple sauce to the base, top with a small sausage and slice of apple and onion.
Mix together cheese and breadcrumbs and sprinkle a spoonful on top of each tart.
Bake for about 25 minutes until pastry is ‘puffed’ and golden and sausage browned and cooked.
Serve as a snack with vegetables or mixed salad, or cold in a lunch box or picnic.