Pork salad with mango and lime
- 2 pork loin medallions or pork loin, steaks, fat removed
For the Marinade:
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
For the Dressing:
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
For the Salad:
- 225g cooked Freekeh, bulghur wheat, couscous or vegetable pasta
- 400g can black turtle beans or red kidney beans, drained
- 50g baby spinach or kale leaves
- Juice of ½ lime
- Large handful freshly chopped mint
In a medium bowl add the lime zest and juice, oil, garlic and pork. Season, cover and marinate in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
For the dressing; blend all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Stir through the chilli flakes.
Heat a non-stick frying or griddle pan until hot. Cook the pork for 10 minutes, turning once or until any meat juices run clear. Remove from the pan and let to rest for 2-3 minutes. Alternatively, cook the steaks under a preheated grill or prepared barbecue.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine all the salad ingredients. Cut the cut into cubes and add to the salad. Drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.