Pork Medallions with Apricot and Leek Sauce
- 8 pork loin medallions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 apricots, washed and halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped
- 125ml white wine
- 5 tablespoon double cream
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the pork on both sides are brown and set aside.
In the same pan, place the apricots in a single layer. Fry them on both sides 1 minute each. Set aside.
Add butter to the same pan, then add the leeks and cook until softened then add the wine.
Once the wine has reduced by half, add the double cream, pork and apricots. Cook gently until the sauce has thickened and serve immediately on top of the big pile of mash.
Cook gently until the sauce has thickened and serve immediately on top of a big pile of mash!
- You can make the sauce a bit runnier by adding a bit of vegetable stock to the wine.
- For a healthier alternative, you can omit the cream altogether and substitute it with 125ml hot vegetable stock. Instead you can even add a tablespoon of apricot jam if you’d like to sweeten the sauce.