Pork Medallions with Apricot and Leek Sauce
- 8 pork loin medallions
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 4 apricots, washed and halved
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) white wine
- 75ml (5 tbsp) double cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Fry the pork in the oil until both sides are browned then set aside.
In the same pan, place the apricots in a single layer. Fry them on both sides 1 minute each. Set aside.
Add butter to the same pan, let it sizzle then add the leeks.
Fry the leeks until softened then add the wine.
Once the wine has reduced by half, add the double cream, pork and apricots.
Cook gently until the sauce has thickened and serve immediately on top of a big pile of mash!
- You can make the sauce a bit runnier by adding a bit of vegetable stock to the wine.
- For a healthier alternative, you can omit the cream altogether and substitute it with 125ml (½ cup) vegetable stock. You can even add a tablespoon of apricot jam if you’d like to sweeten the sauce.