Pork Hotpot With Potatoes And Veggies
Try our mouth watering pork hotpot recipe for an easy way to enjoy pork that tastes delicious.
- 900g Lean pork collar or shoulder joint cut into large cubes
- 1tbsp oil
- 2 Onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large sprigs freshly chopped sage
- 150ml sweet fruity ale
- 2 white turnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°C Fan/ Gas Mark 4.
Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and pork, and brown on all sides. Add parsnips, sage and ale. Season.
Transfer to large oven-proof casserole dish. Top with turnip and potato slices and dot with butter.
Cover with a lid or foil and cook in oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove the lid and continue to cook for the final 30 minutes.
Serve the hotpot traditionally with pickled red cabbage and additional seasonal vegetables.