Pork fillet with green vegetable salad
For the Pork:
- 225g pork fillet, pork loin medallions or pork escallops
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1tsp ground paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1tsp rapeseed or olive oil
For the Yoghurt and Mint Dressing:
- 5 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- ½ Lemon - zest and juice of
- 2-3 tbsp freshly chopped mint
For the Salad:
- 100g green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 100g Brussel sprouts, finely shredded
- 100g cauliflower rice, cooked and cooled
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Freshly chopped mint, to garnish
For the Pork:
In a large bowl put the pork, lemon zest and juice, seasoning, paprika, garlic and oil. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes, or longer if time allows.
Remove the pork from the marinade and cook on the griddle according to your preference until the meat juices run clear. Rest (if using pork fillet or medallions) and slice.
For the Dressing:
In a medium bowl mix the dressing ingredients together and combine with the salad and pork.
Garnish the salad with the herbs and serve.
Pork Fillet: 10-12mins turning occasionally, 3mins in oven at 170°C, 3mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Loin Medallions: 5-6mins on each side, 3mins in oven at 170°C, 3mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Escallops: 1-2mins on each side, 1-2mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.