Pork fillet with green vegetable salad
For the Pork:
- 225g pork fillet, pork loin medallions or pork escallops
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed or olive oil
For the Yogurt and Mint Dressing:
- 5 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
For the Salad:
- 100g green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 100g Brussel sprouts, finely shredded
- 100g prepared cauliflower rice, cooked and cooled
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Freshly chopped mint, to garnish
For the Pork:
In a large bowl put the pork, lemon zest and juice, seasoning, paprika, garlic and oil. Season, cover and marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes, or longer if time allows.
Remove the pork from the marinade and cook on the griddle or in a hot frying pan on the hob. According to your preference until the meat juices run clear. Set aside for 1-2 minutes then slice. If using pork fillet rest for 3 minutes, then slice.
For the Dressing:
In a medium bowl mix the dressing ingredients together and combine with the salad and pork.
Garnish the salad with the herbs and serve immediately.
Pork Fillet: 10-12mins turning occasionally, 3mins in oven at 170°C, 3mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Loin Medallions: 5-6mins on each side, 3mins in oven at 170°C, 1-2mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Escallops: 1-2mins on each side, 1-2mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.