Pork Fillet With Fragrant Pilau Rice
Our pork fillet with fragrant pilau rice is made with fresh spices creating great taste and flavour. The dish is easy to make and quick to prepare.
- 225g Whole pork fillet, cut into thin medallions
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 225g mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon cardamon pods, crushed
- 225g easy cook long grain rice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 450ml good, hot vegetable stock
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the mushrooms, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Add the onion, and the pork fillet, and cook until lightly browned.
Add the cinnamon stick, ground coriander, cardamon pods, rice, and lemon zest.
Stir well together, coating pork and rice with the spices.
Add the stock and bring to the boil, cover with tight fitting lid and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
Once cooked remove from heat, add the reserved mushrooms and leave to stand, covered for a further 5 minutes.
Garnish with the spring onions and coriander and serve with a large seasonal salad or green beans.