Pork Chops With Rhubarb, Apple And Ginger Chutney
- 4 Lean chunky thick pork chops or steaks
- 1 Onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 Sticks rhubarb, cut into large chunks*
- 1 Cooking apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 Clove garlic, squashed
- 1.25cm (½”) Root ginger, peeled and grated
- 150ml (¼pt) Apple juice
- 30ml (2tbsp) Soft dark brown sugar
Cook chops on a preheated grill, griddle or barbecue for about 8-10 minutes each side for 2-3cm (¾”–1¼”) thickness.
Place all ingredients for the chutney in a small pan and simmer together with a lid on for about 5 minutes until fruit is soft but not too mushy.
Serve chunky chops with a large dollop of chutney, mashed potato and seasonal green vegetables.
* (If rhubarb is not in season use an extra cooking apple.)