Pork Chops With Rhubarb, Apple And Ginger Chutney
- 4 thick pork chops or steaks
For the Chutney
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 rhubarb sticks, cut into large chunks*
- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1x 1.25cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 150ml pure apple juice
- 2 tablespoons soft dark brown sugar
Preheat the grill or griddle pan to medium. Alternatively, prepare the barbecue. Cook the chops for about 8-10 minutes each side for 2-3cm thickness.
Place all the ingredients for the chutney in a small pan, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes until fruit is soft but not too mushy.
Serve the chops with a large dollop of chutney, mashed potato and seasonal green vegetables.
Tip: If rhubarb is not in season use an extra cooking apple.