Pork Chilli With Mediterranean Vegetables
- 1x 500g pack 5% pork mince
- 3 large beef steak tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped or crushed
- 1x 400g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 long red peppers, cut in half lengthwise and deseeded
- 100g brie cheese, sliced
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 handfuls fresh spinach leaves to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4.
Cut the tops off the tomatoes (keep tops), scooped the flesh and reserve.
Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and garlic until soft. Add the pork mince and brown for 3-4 minutes.
Add the beans, chilli, tomato purée, chopped tomatoes and tomato flesh, cover and to simmer for 10 minutes.
Place the tomato and pepper shells into a large deep non-stick baking tray and fill with the pork mince mix. Spoon any spare mixture around the vegetables.
Top with the cheese and thyme. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes.
Before serving, add handfuls of the spinach to the sauce in the baling tray.