Pork Chilli With Mediterranean Vegetables
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, squashed
- 450g (1lb) lean pork mince
- 400g can Borlotti beans, rinsed and drained
- 5ml (1tsp) dried chilli flakes
- 15ml tomato purée
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 large beef steak tomatoes, slice off top, remove flesh and reserve both
- 3 long red peppers, cut in half lengthwise and deseed
- 100g (4oz) brie cheese, sliced
- 15g fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 handfuls fresh spinach leaves to serve
Preheat the oven.
Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and garlic until it begins to soften. Add the pork mince and brown for 3-4 minutes.
Add the beans, chilli, tomato purée, chopped tomatoes and tomato flesh, cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
Place the tomato and pepper shells into a large deep baking tray and fill with the pork mince mixture. Spoon any spare mixture into the tray around the vegetables.
Top with the cheese slices and thyme sprigs. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes.
Before serving, add handfuls of the spinach to the sauce in the bottom of the dish.