Pork And Stilton Sausages With Onion Mash, And Apple And Plum Spicy Relish
Not too tricky
- 1x 450g pack pork and Stilton sausages
For the Relish
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons cider or apple juice
- 1 eating apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 plums, stoned and quartered
- Pinch ground allspice
For the Mash
- 900g smooth potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- Knob butter
- Splash of milk
Place the onion, garlic, chilli, sugar, cider, apple, plums, allspice in a pan and stir well. Bring to the boil.
Cover, reduce the heat and cook for 25 minutes until the liquid is reduced and syrupy. Remove from heat and pour into a sterilised jar and seal. The relish will keep in the fridge for 1 week or so.
To prepare the mash; put in the potatoes into a pan, cover with water and boil for about 15 minutes until soft.
Mean while cook 450g pork and apple sausages under a preheated grill for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked through.
While the sausages are cooking, heat oil in a frying pan and cook the onions over a high heat until golden and crispy.
Serve the sausages with the onion mash, and the relish.