Pork and Ginger Stir Fry
A low calorie pork stir fry that is packed with flavour. Served with noodles, it’s simple and easy yet delivers on flavour.
- 4 pork loin steaks, trimmed of fat and cut into thin strips
- Grated zest and juice 1 orange (about 100ml of juice)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced salt dark soy sauce
- 1 x 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 x 450g pack stir fry vegetables
In a small bowl mix together the orange zest and juice (reserving 1 tablespoon of the juice), chilli, soy sauce and the ginger. Add the pork strips and set aside, for about 5 minutes.
Place the cornflour in a small cup and stir in the reserved orange juice.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan until hot. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pork from the marinade and add to the pan (reseve the marinade for later) and stir continuously for 3 minutes.
Add the vegetables to the pan and stir- fry for 2-3 minutes, until just tender.
Add the reserved marinade and the blended cornflour mixture. Stirring continuously and cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the pork and vegetables.
Serve immediately with noodles.