Pork And Feta Stuffed Mediterranean Veggies
A lovely meal, full of flavour and easy to cook in under an hour.
- 450g lean pork mince
- 1 aubergine, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large courgette, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 long red pepper, deseeded and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, squashed
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 50g easy-cook long grain rice, cooked
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Baharat spice mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly torn
- olive oil to drizzle
- 100g Feta cheese or similar, crumbled
Scoop out the centre flesh of the aubergine and courgette, leaving at least 1-2 cm rim. Set aside and reserve.
Heat the oil in a large pan and cook onion and garlic until soft. Add the remaining ingredients (except the oil, to drizzle), stir thoroughly together and heat through.
Place vegetable halves into a large ovenproof baking dish and add the pork mince. Drizzle with a little olive oil, cover with foil and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
Remove foil and add the cheese. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until vegetables are tender and cheese has slightly melted.
Serve the vegetables with fresh seasonal salad and crusty bread.