Pork And Feta Stuffed Mediterranean Veggies
- 450g (1lb) Lean pork mince
- 1 Aubergine, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Large courgette, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Long red pepper, deseeded and cut in half lengthwise
- 15ml (1tbsp) Olive oil
- 1 Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, squashed
- 3 Sprigs fresh thyme
- 50g (2oz) Easy-cook long grain rice, cooked
- 15ml (1tbsp) Tomato puree
- 400g 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 5g (1tsp) Baharat spice
- 30ml (2tbsp) Fresh basil, roughly torn
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 100g (4oz) Feta cheese or similar, crumbled
Take the aubergine and courgette, scoop out the centre flesh, leaving at least 1-2 cm rim. Reserve to use in the filling.
Heat oil in a large pan and cook onion and garlic until starting to soften. Add all the remaining ingredients (except oil to drizzle), stir thoroughly together and heat through.
Place vegetable halves into a large baking pan and spoon into them the pork mince mixture. Drizzle with a little olive oil, cover with foil and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
Remove foil and scatter with cheese. Return to the oven for about 10 minutes until vegetables are tender and cheese has slightly melted.
Serve with fresh seasonal salad and crusty bread.