Oriental Pork Stir Fry
- 450g pork leg escallops, pork loin medallions or pork fillet, cut into strips
For the Oriental Marinade:
- 75ml reduced salt soy sauce
- 30ml dry sherry
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
For the Stir-Fry:
- 2 tsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 100g baby sweetcorn, halved
- Cooked wholewheat noodles
- Freshly chopped spring onions
For the marinade:
In a medium bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together. Transfer half the marinade to a large bowl, add the pork, cover and marinate for 1-2 hours, or overnight, if time allows. Reserve the remaining marinade for later.
For the Pork:
Heat the oil in a pan on the hob or griddle and cook the, onions and peppers and sweetcorn for 2-3 minutes. Add the pork and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the reserved, fresh marinade. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the marinade is piping hot.
Serve the pork on a bed of noodles garnished spring onions.
Pork Fillet: 10-12mins turning occasionally, 3mins in oven at 170°C, 3mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Loin Medallions: 5-6mins on each side, 3mins in oven at 170°C, 3mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Escallops: 1-2mins on each side, 1-2mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.