Oriental Pork Stir Fry
- 450g pork leg escallops, pork loin medallions or pork fillet, fat removed and cut into strips
For the Oriental Marinade:
- 75ml reduced salt soy sauce
- 30ml dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1x 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
For the Stir-Fry:
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 100g baby sweetcorn, halved
- Cooked wholewheat noodles
- Freshly chopped spring onions
To prepare the marinade:
In a medium bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together. Transfer half the marinade to a large bowl, add the pork, cover and marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours, or overnight, if time allows. Reserve the remaining marinade for later.
To prepare the pork:
Heat the oil in a pan on a hob or griddle and cook the, onions and peppers and sweetcorn for 2-3 minutes. Add the pork and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the reserved, fresh marinade. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the marinade is piping hot.
Spoon the pork over a bed of noodles, garnish with spring onions and serve.
Pork Fillet: 10-12mins turning occasionally, 3mins in oven at 170°C, 3mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Loin Medallions: 5-6mins on each side, 3mins in oven at 170°C, 3mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.
Pork Escallops: 1-2mins on each side, 1-2mins resting time. Internal Core temperature: 70°C or above.