One-pan pork and mushroom filo pie
A lovely quick pie, easy to rustle up midweek – and low fat too!
- 4 pork loin medallions, cut into strips 1cm in thickness (or 12 fillet medallions or 4 loin steaks, fat removed)
- 25g Butter
- 250g Chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 1tbsp Plain flour
- 300ml Hot pork or vegetable stock
- 250g Baby leaf spinach
- 2tbsp Freshly chopped parsley
- 3tbsp Low fat crème fraîche
- Salt and Pepper
For the pastry
- 4 sheets filo pastry, cut in half
- Spray oil
Preheat the oven to 190°C/350°F/Gas Mark 5. Melt the butter in a large non-stick, ovenproof frying pan (about 24cm diameter), add the mushrooms and pork and cook for 3–4 minutes.
Stir in the flour, cook for 1 minute, then gradually pour in the stock, stirring continuously, until the sauce thickens.
Simmer for 2–3 minutes.
Stir in the spinach, parsley and crème fraîche. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
Scrunch up the sheets of filo pastry and arrange over the top of the pork mixture to completely cover. Spray with the oil and cook in the oven for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden and the pork is cooked through.
Serve with new potatoes and carrots.
Baby new potatoes and carrots