One-pan pork and mushroom filo pie
A lovely quick pie, easy to rustle up midweek – and low fat too!
- 4 pork loin medallions, cut into strips 1cm in thickness (or 12 fillet medallions or 4 loin steaks, fat removed, cut into strips, 1cm in thickness)
- 25g butter
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 300ml hot pork or vegetable stock
- 1x 250g pack baby leaf spinach
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons low fat crème fraîche
For the pastry
- 4 sheets filo pastry, cut in half
- Spray oil
Preheat the oven to 190°C/170° fan/Gas Mark 5. Melt the butter in a large non-stick, ovenproof frying pan (about 24cm diameter), add the mushrooms and pork and cook for 3–4 minutes.
Stir in the flour, cook for 1 minute, then gradually pour in the stock, stirring continuously, until the sauce thickens. Simmer for 2–3 minutes.
Stir in the spinach, parsley and crème fraîche. Remove from the heat.
Scrunch up the sheets of filo pastry and arrange over the top of the pork mixture to completely cover. Spray with the oil and cook in the oven for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden and the pork is cooked through.
Serve with new potatoes and carrots.