Oat Coated Pork with Spicy Mushroom Sauce
Oats make a delicious topping for meat and fish.
- 1 x 400g pack lean pork fillet
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed or vegetable oil
- 125g oats
- 2 teaspoons dried chilli powder
- 1 x 320g pack mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons reduced salt gravy granules
- 1 x 25g fresh parsley, chopped
Cut the pork into 8 slices, place each piece between 2 sheets of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until thin. Brush with a little of the oil.
In a shallow dish, mix the oats and chilli powder together and press on both sides of the pork medallions to evenly coat.
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the pork in 2 batches for 3 minutes each side until cooked throughout. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
Add the mushrooms to the pan with the Worcestershire sauce and fry for 2-3 minutes.
Mix the gravy granules with 300ml boiling water and add to the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Season with black pepper, add the parsley and pour over the pork.
Serve with green beans or seasonal vegetables of your choice.
Alternatively, replace the whole pork fillet with fillet medallions.