No-Bake Bacon Lasagne With Basil
- 1x 240g pack of dry cured oak smoked bacon rashers, trimmed and cut into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon (1tbsp) olive oil
- 2 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Black pepper
- 8 fresh lasagne sheets
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh basil leaves
In a large non-stick saucepan heat the oil and fry the bacon, mushrooms and garlic for about 4 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and ketchup and Simmer for about 15 minutes.
Plunge the lasagne sheets into boiling water for about 2-3 minutes (follow pack instructions). Remove from the water, rinse well and allow to drain.
To assemble, and Serve:
Cut each lasagne sheet in half and arrange a square of lasagne on a plate. Top with a spoonful of sauce and repeat – making up to 3-4 layers of lasagne.
Finish with a piece of lasagne, on top sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan and scatter with fresh basil leaves. Serve with a mixed leaf salad.