Mini Pork Pies With Caramelised Onion
Not too tricky
- 4 chunky pork sausages, skins removed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 500g pack prepared puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten and a splash of milk to glaze pastry
Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4.
Heat oil in a small saucepan. Add the onions and cook gently until soft, but not coloured.
When soft add the sugar, mix together and heat through to allow sugar to caramelise the onions. Allow to cool slightly.
Roll out pastry and line a 12 hole fairy cake patty tins with pastry.
Mix together the sausage meat and onions, and place a small spoonful of the mixture into each pastry case. Cut out 12 lids (re-roll if you need to), brush a little water over the edges of each lid and place damp edge down onto the mixture. Press to seal the edges and decorate if you wish.
Use a knife to make a small air hole in the top and brush with egg and milk glaze.
Place in a preheated oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes until risen and golden.
Serve warm or cold with a large seasonal salad.