Maple Cured Bacon Spring Salad
- 225g (8oz) Maple cured back bacon rashers
- 4 Small fresh beetroots, scrubbed and quartered (or use pre-cooked variety)
- Olive oil
- 5 Radishes, thinly sliced
- 30ml (2tbsp) Fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 50g (2oz) Black pudding, roughly cubed (optional)
- Handful rocket leaves
- 1 Large spring fresh sage
- 30ml (2tbsp) Olive oil
- 60ml (4tbsp) Apple juice
Preheat oven to 180ºC, Gas Mark 4-5.
Place raw beetroot quarters onto a baking sheet and drizzle with a little oil. Bake in oven for about 40 minutes until soft.
Grill bacon rashers under a hot preheated grill for 1-2 minutes each side or until crispy and golden. Cut rashers in half.
Toss together in a bowl the bacon, cooked beetroot, radishes, parsley, black pudding and rocket.
Mix together in a screw top clean jam jar the sage leaves, seasoning, olive oil and apple juice. Shake together.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.