Maple And Chicory Bacon Salad
- 6 maple cured, back bacon rashers
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- 2 whole chicory leaves removed
- Handful rocket leaves
- 3 passion fruit, cut in half and seeds sieved but juice and seeds reserved
- Zest and juice of 1 satsuma
Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6.
Place the sweet potato on a baking tray in a single layer, drizzle with oil and season. Bake for about 30 minutes until soft. Cool slightly.
Preheat the grill to moderate and cook the bacon rashers until crispy. Cool slightly and cut each rasher in half.
Place the chicory and rocket into a bowl. Whisk together the passion fruit juice plus 1 tablespoon of the sieved seeds, satsuma zest and juice and oil.
Add the sweet potatoes and bacon to the leaves. Toss lightly. Pour over the dressing and serve immediately.