Maple And Chicory Bacon Salad
- 6 Maple cured, back bacon rashers
- 2 Sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into small cubes
- 2 Chicory bulbs, leaves removed
- Handful rocket leaves
- Black pepper
- 3 Passion fruit, cut in half and pulp sieved but retained
- 1 Satsuma, rind and juice removed
- 5ml (1tbsp) Extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven.
Place the sweet potato on a baking tray in a single layer, drizzle with oil and season. Bake for about 30 minutes until soft. Cool slightly.
Preheat the grill and cook the bacon rashers until crispy. Cool slightly and cut each rasher in half.
Place the chicory and rocket into a bowl.
Whisk/mix together the passion fruit juice plus 1 x 15mlsp (1tbsp) of the sieved seeds, Satsuma rind, juice and oil.
Add the sweet potatoes and bacon to the leaves. Toss lightly. Add the dressing and serve.