Harissa Meatball Kebabs
Pork mince meatballs combined with Middle Eastern flavours, fresh herbs and drizzled with a lemony dressing, served on flatbreads.
Not too tricky
- 1 x 500g pack pork mince
- ½ small onion. peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- Large handful of freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Large handful of freshly chopped mint leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
For the lemon dressing:
- 3 tablespoons natural fat free yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 flatbreads, to serve
- Charred lemon wedges, to serve
- Fresh cucumber and carrot shavings (using a vegetable peeler), to garnish
In a large shallow bowl, put the mince, onion, harissa paste, herbs, lemon juice and seasoning together. Gently combine.
Using slightly damp hands divide and shape the mixture into 20 golf-size meatballs.
Thread 3 meatballs onto 6-8 short metal or wooden skewers (soaked in water for 20 minutes).
To prepare the lemon dressing, mix the yogurt, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of water together.
Cook the kebabs on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally or until any meat juices run clear.
Warm the flatbreads and serve the skewers on the flatbreads with the dressing, salad garnish and the lemons.
If preferred, use 5% pork mince and add a whole egg yolk or a handful of fresh breadcrumbs to the meatball mix to bind everything together.