Greek-Style Pork Skewers
For pork kebabs big on flavour try our Greek-Style Pork Skewers recipe with an easy to make marinade and tasty potato salad. Cut pork loin medallions or pork loin steaks into cubes, mingle with the marinade, stick onto skewers, cook under the grill and serve!
For the marinated pork:
- 4 pork loin medallions, or pork loin steaks, fat removed and cut into six cubes
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
For the skewers:
- 2 small red onions, each peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g baby new potatoes, halved
- 200g tub of ready prepared tzatziki
- 15g fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 8 wooden kebab skewers or 4 large metal skewers
If using wooden kebab skewers, soak in water for 10 minutes. In a medium bowl, mix together the zest and juice of 1 lemon and the oregano. Season, add the pork, cover, set aside.
Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
Preheat the grill to moderate.
Drain and discard the pork marinade. Thread the pork and vegetables onto the skewers; brush all over with the oil.
Transfer the skewers to a grill pan lined with foil, and cook under the grill for 10 minutes, turning the skewers regularly until golden brown all over and juices run clear.
In a large bowl, mix the tzatziki with the new potatoes. Spoon onto 4 serving plates with the skewers.
Sprinkle the fresh mint, cut the remaining lemon into wedges, and serve with the skewers.
Tip: The potato salad can be made ahead. You can also make up the kebabs in advance to store in the fridge until required and grill just before serving.