Gammon And Sausage Paella
- 225g (8oz ) smoked gammon steak, fat removed and cut into cubes
- 2 spicy pork sausages, thickly sliced
- 5ml (1tsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, squashed
- 5ml (1tsp) smoked paprika
- 300g (10oz) short grain paella rice
- Pinch saffron, infused in a little water
- 1.1 litre (2pts) pork stock
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 225g (8oz) green beans, tails removed
In a large shallow pan, heat oil and add onion and garlic. Cook until starting to soften. Add the gammon and sausage, continue to cook until browned.
Add the paprika and the rice, cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the saffron plus water and about half of the stock. Stir well, add pepper and beans. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes.
Add more stock during the cooking as it becomes absorbed, stir and then leave to absorb all the flavours.
Serve straight away, as soon as rice is tender and liquid absorbed.