Gammon and Sausage Paella
- 225g smoked gammon steak, fat removed and cut into cubes
- 2 spicy pork sausages, thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic gloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 300g short grain paella rice
- Pinch saffron, infused in a little water
- 1.1 litre hot pork stock
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 225g green beans, tails removed
In a large shallow pan, heat oil and add onion and garlic. Cook until starting to soften. Add the gammon and sausage, continue to cook until browned.
Add the smoked paprika and the rice, cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the saffron plus water and about half of the stock. Stir well, add pepper and beans. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes.
Gradually add more stock during the cooking as it becomes absorbed, stir and then leave to absorb all the flavours.
Serve immediately, as soon as rice is tender and liquid absorbed.