Fruity Pork Kebabs With Streaky Bacon
- 225g (8oz) Lean pork leg of loin steaks, cut into small cubes
- 12 Rashers unsmoked sweet cured streaky bacon
- 1 Peach or nectarine, stone removed and cut
- 6 Wedges
- 1 Banana, peeled and cut into 6 chunks
Chilli BBQ Sauce
- 15ml (1tbsp) Oil
- 1 Apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 45ml (3tbsp) Tomato ketchup
- 15ml Brown sauce
- 300ml (½pt) Pineapple juice
Take each piece of fruit and wrap a bacon rasher around it. Then using metal skewers thread each of the pieces of fruit plus 2 cubes of meat onto each skewer. Brush with oil.
Meanwhile heat the BBQ – Make sure the coals are hot and ‘grey’ before you start cooking. Alternatively if it starts to rain pre-heat the grill!
Cook for about 15 minutes until browned and meat cooked through. If the outside of the meat starts to catch, cover with foil and adjust the grid height to move away from the heat to slow down the cooking.
Make Chilli BBQ Sauce: Heat oil in a small pan. Add the onion, apple and chilli, and cook until softened. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes to reduce slightly.
Serve kebabs with the BBQ sauce and lots of fruity slaw.