Fidget Pie With Pears And Honey
Not too tricky
- 450g premium ‘Butchers’ style sausages, sausage meat removed
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2-4 pears, peeled, cored and quartered (can be left whole and placed in pie – cook really well and look very impressive)
- ½ teaspoon runny honey
- 1x 500g packet prepared puff pastry
- Egg and milk beaten together, for glaze
Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4.
In a large bwl mix together the sausage meat with parsley and seasoning.
Divide meat mixture between 2-4 individual pie dishes (about 250ml pie size) and lightly squash half the meat into the bottom of each dish.
Place two pear quarters on top of meat mixture (or the whole pear) and drizzle with runny honey. Top with remaining sausage meat.
Divide the puff pastry into 2-4 depending on number of dishes and roll out pastry to make a lid for each pie. Place pastry on top of pie and brush with egg and milk.
Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until pastry is well golden.
Serve hot with a large heap of seasonal greens, or cold in a large wedge with your favourite chutney.