Fidget Pie With Pears And Honey
Not too tricky
- 450g (1lb) premium ‘Butchers’ style sausages
- 30g (2tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped Seasoning
- 2-4 pears, peeled, cored and quartered (can be left whole and placed in pie – cook really well and look very impressive)
- 2.5ml (1/2tsp) runny honey
- 1 packet pre-made puff pastry
- Egg and milk beaten together for glaze
Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4-5.
Slit sausage skins and remove meat, place meat into a bowl – discard skins. Mix sausage meat together with parsley and seasoning.
Divide meat mixture between 2-4 individual pie dishes (about 250ml (½pt) pie size) and lightly squash half the meat into the bottom of each dish.
Place two pear quarters on top of meat mixture (or the whole pear) and drizzle with runny honey (about 2.5ml (½tsp)). Top with remaining sausage meat.
Divide puff pastry into 2-4 depending on number of dishes and roll out pastry to make a lid for each pie. Place pastry on top of pie and brush with egg and milk.
Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes until pastry is well golden.
Serve hot with a large heap of seasonal greens, or cold in a large wedge with your favourite chutney.