Elderflower Wine Braised Pork Cheek With Root Vegetables
- 8 Pork cheeks
- 120ml (4fl oz) Elderflower wine
- 40ml (1.5fl oz) Elderflower cordial
- 100g (3.5oz) diced carrot
- 100g (3.5oz) chopped Leek
- 100g (3.5oz) chopped celery
- 200ml (7fl oz) Brown stock
Pre heat oven to 140°C
Fry the carrot, leek and celery until soft, then place in a pan with pork cheeks, elderflower wine, cordial and stock.
Bring to the boil and place, covered, into preheated oven for two hours or unitl tender.
Once cooked remove the cheek from pan, strain the sauce and reduce to a thick sauce consistency.
Serve with roasted root vegetables and horseradish mash.