Cumberland Sausage Topped Ciabatta
- 2 cumberland sausage coils
- 1 ciabatta loaf or 2 individual ciabatta rolls
- 5ml (1tsp) oil
- 1 red onion
- 75g (5tbsp) soft dark brown sugar
- 45ml (3tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 1 cooking apple, large, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 eating apple, cored and sliced
- 5ml (1tsp) sweet chilli sauce
Preheat the grill or oven and cook Cumberland coil for 20 – 30 minutes, turning once. (It may be necessary to skewer the coil to keep together.)
Meanwhile, make the chutney: In a small saucepan heat 5ml (1tsp) oil, 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced, 75ml (5tbsp) soft dark brown sugar, 45ml (3tbsp) white wine vinegar, 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped, 1 eating apple, cored and sliced, 5ml (1tsp) sweet chilli sauce.
Heat ciabatta in oven for about 5 minutes, slice open lengthways and place sausage onto bread or rolls with a large spoonful of the chutney.
Replace lid, slice in half and serve with extra chutney.
Oven Temperature: Gas Mark 5, 190C, 375F.