Cumberland Sausage Topped Ciabatta
- 2 cumberland sausage coils
- 1 ciabatta loaf or 2 individual ciabatta rolls
For the apple chutney:
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 5 tablespoons soft dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 desset apple, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
Preheat the grill to moderate or the oven to 190°C, 170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
Cook the sausages for 20–30 minutes, turning once. (It may be necessary to skewer to keep together).
Meanwhile, make the chutney: In a small saucepan heat the oil, onion, sugar, white wine vinegar, cooking apple, dessert apple and sweet chilli sauce.
Heat ciabatta in oven for about 5 minutes, slice open lengthways and place sausage onto bread or rolls with a large spoonful of the chutney.
Replace lid, slice in half and serve with extra chutney.