Crispy Pork And Noodle Salad With A Sweet Maple Dressing
- 450g pork belly rasher slices, excess fat and rind removed and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Handful mixed salad leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 225g cooked rice noodles
- 50g mange tout, sliced
- 50g sugar snap peas, cut in half
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cucumber, cut into sticks
For the Dressing
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice (or any fruit juice)
- 1 small splash sesame oil
Heat the oils in a pan, season the pork and cook for 10-15 minutes or until very crispy and golden. Remove from pan, place on a plate lined with kitchen paper and drain off any excess oil.
In a large bowl toss together the noodles and vegetables.
In a small jug or clean jam jar, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
Top the salad with the crispy pork, drizzle over the dressing and serve.
Alternatively, leave the pork belly rashers as slices, season and cook on a prepared BBQ for a total of 1 hour (over indirect heat), turning every 20 minutes. Cut into 1cm cubes and continue to follow the remaining recipe steps from step 2.