Chorizo Risotto With Sweet Cured Bacon And Broad Beans
- 225g (8oz) Sweet cured back bacon rashers, cut into large pieces
- 50g (2oz) Chorizo-style sausage (or similar), sliced
- 5ml (1tsp) Olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 150g (5oz) Risotto (Arborio) rice
- 600ml (1pt) Pork stock
- 50g (2oz) Frozen broad beans, defrosted (skins removed – if you have time OR use frozen peas)
- Black pepper
- 30ml (2tbsp) Fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Parmesan cheese
Heat olive oil in a saucepan and cook bacon, chorizo-style sausage and onion until beginning to brown.
Add risotto (Arborio) rice and stock, bring to the boil. Season and simmer gently for approximately 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked and all the liquid absorbed. (Add a little more stock if you wish to achieve your desired texture/consistency.)
During the last 10 minutes stir through broad beans or peas and heat through.
Scatter with parsley and grated Parmesan cheese and serve.