Chorizo Risotto With Sweet Cured Bacon And Broad Beans
- 225g sweet cured back bacon rashers, cut into large pieces
- 50g chorizo-style sausage (or similar), sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 150g Arborio risotto rice
- 600ml hot pork stock
- 50g frozen broad beans, defrosted, skins removed or frozen peas
- Black pepper
- freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
Heat oil in a large saucepan and cook bacon, sausage and onion until golden brown.
Add the risotto rice and stock, bring to the boil. Season and simmer gently for approximately 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked and all the liquid absorbed. (Add a little more stock if you wish to achieve your desired texture/consistency.)
During the last 10 minutes stir through broad beans or peas and heat through.
Garnish with parsley and grated Parmesan cheese and serve.