BBQ Pork Burgers And Sausages
Not too tricky
- 450g (1lb) Lean minced pork
- 100g (4oz) Drained pineapple from can (reserve juice)
- ½ Green pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 15ml (1tbsp) Hoisin sauce
- 2 Chunky (thick) or 4 chipolata (thin) pork sausages
Place chosen set of ingredients into a large bowl, mix thoroughly with mince. Divide mixture into 4 or 6, and shape into burgers. Cover and place in a fridge for 30 mins.
Place on preheated BBQ and cook for the recommended total cooking time (see below), turning once.
- Thin Burgers 1-2cm (½-¾”) – 8-12 minutes
- Thick Burgers 3cm (1¼”) – 10-12 minutes
For the chance to taste a variety of sausages, skewer 4 different varieties on to two or three skewers.
Once cooked, cut down middle for a four sausage kebab. NB: If using wooden skewers ensure they have been pre-soaked to prevent burning.
Recommended total cooking time on a preheated BBQ:
- Chipolatas – 8-10 minutes
- Chunky Sausages – 10-12 minutes
Ensure both burgers and sausages are thoroughly cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 70C+ or when all juices run clear.
To cook sausages a little quicker, pre-cook in microwave for 1 minute and then finish off on the BBQ for that ‘just BBQ’d’ look and flavour.
Spicy Tomato Dip:
Mix together 60ml (4tbsp) of tomato ketchup and English mustard and add a mixed salad and flavoured breads.