BBQ Pork Burgers And Sausages
Try our very tasty BBQ pork burgers. They are quick to make, not too tricky to prepare and sure to become a favourite.
Not too tricky
For the Burgers
- 1x 500g pack lean pork mince
- 100g pineapple rings, in fruit juice, drained, juice reserved and finely chopped
- ½ green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
For the Sausages
- 2 thick, roughly chopped or 4 chipolata pork sausages of your choice
For the Spicy Dip
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 4 tablespoons English mustard
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
For the Burgers:
Place the burger into a large bowl, mix thoroughly. Divide mixture into 4 or 6, and shape into burgers. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Place on prepared BBQ or preheated grill according to the times below turning once.
- Thin Burgers 1-2cm (½-¾”) – 8-12 minutes
- Thick Burgers 3cm (1¼”) – 10-12 minutes
For the Sausages:
Cook the sausages on a prepared BBQ or preheated grill according to the times below, turning once.
- Chipolatas – 8-10 minutes
- Chunky Sausages – 10-12 minutes
Ensure both burgers and sausages are thoroughly cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 70C+ or when all juices run clear.
Once cooked, cut down middle for a four sausage kebab. NB: If using wooden skewers ensure they have been pre-soaked to prevent burning.
To cook sausages a little quicker, pre-cook in microwave for 1 minute and then finish off on the BBQ for a few seconds until golden brown.
For the Spicy Tomato Dip:
Mix together 4 tablespoons of tomato ketchup and English mustard together.
Serve the burgers and kebabs with the dips, a mixed salad and flavoured breads